Sunday, July 14, 2013

A postprandial snooze on Gigha.

 Leaving The Boathouse we paddled out into Ardminish Bay.

 Yachts were arriving by the minute as the fair weather had encouraged them round the Mull of Kintyre.

This lovely old trawler  is Shemaron (CN244). She was built in Cockenzie in 1942 and was decommissioned in 2007.

 We were heading south again but did not get far....

 ...we spotted the ideal bay...

 ...for a postprandial snooze.

 Afterwards we explored our new environs.

 Rhododendrons were in full flower...

 ...and there were lots of beautiful sea shells...

...not to mention plenty of driftwood for the fire back on Cara.

No comments:

Post a comment