We were well tired by paddling into the headwind that blew at us straight from our destination...
...at Saddell Bay which we finally arrived at just before sunset.
Saddell House is now in the care of the Landmark Trust. It was originally built in 1774 by Colonel Donald Campbell as a more comfortable abode than the existing Saddell castle at the south end of the bay.
After a long hard paddle it was a relief to get out of the saddle onto the sands of Saddell Bay.
It was a delight to pitch our tents on sweet smelling machair, laced with clover.
We even managed to enjoy our dinner and Guinness before the sun set. Our Kintyre, Arran, Ailsa Craig, Ayrshire trip was well underway.