Sunday, December 31, 2006

Sea kayaking desktop photo calendar 2007.


January
Looking northeast from Sgeir a'Ghail, Loch Nevis, to Knoydart.


February
Cailean Macleod at Coldingham Bay, Scottish Borders.


March
The distant Cuillin mountains of Skye are seen to the south west from Eilean Stacan, Loch Carron.


April
The Scarba shore of the Gulf of Corryvreckan at slack water. 15 minutes later we were doing 18km/hr without paddling!


May
No, it's not Scotland! It is the wonderful reef of Les Ecrehous 10.5km NE off the NE corner of Jersey in the Channel Islands.


June
Looking towards the grey hills of Lewis from Scarp.


July
The entrance of Loch Rog, Lewis.


August
The Sound of Harris from Bearnaraigh.


September
Sea stacks at Cliobh, Lewis.


October
Paddling out to Bearasaigh and Seana Chnoc, Lewis.


November
The tidal Clachan Sound runs under the "Bridge over the Atlantic", Nether Lorn.


December
Sunset down the Sound of Jura from Loch Caolisport, Knapdale.

The photos here on Blogger are 640x800. If you would like high resolution 1024x1280, 1024x768 or 800x600 copies, please visit the Scottish Sea Kayaking Photo Gallery.

May 2007 be good to you.

10 comments:

  1. Arresting. Thank you, Douglas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wenley! I hope you enjoy your forthcoming visit to Scotland. Who knows, you may even appear in the 2008 calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Douglas, an impressive set of photos. Afraid I'm a 1024x768 kinda guy, so I'll be writing a little script for converting me thinks. I notice the Scottish Sea Kayaking Photo Gallery calendar (phew!) contains a photo from outside Scotland. This must be a first! Do I get a prize for spotting it?

    Incidently SKoogle is now blogging too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Grazie, I have now posted 1280x1024, 1024x768 and 800x600 over on the Scottish Sea Kayaking Photo Gallery site.

    Well done for setting up a blog, I have added you to links on both SSPG and seakayakphoto.com

    No prizes for the Jersey photo I am afraid! I have posted several from Ullswater in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, so we'll finally see photos of the enigmatic Wenley. Magnificent photos, Douglas. Thank you.

    Will he look more like Zorro or Bond?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the 1024x768 images Douglas. Was the Jersey text under the photo on the original post? Maybe I need some glasses.

    Also, thanks for blogroll addition, but as much I as would love to live in Scotland, I'm still south of the border I'm afraid. But for 2007 who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy I will attempt to capture a digital image of the elusive gentleman.

    Sorry Grazie, you clearly have honorary Scottish status!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic photos Douglas - on corryvreckan - what is the safe route through - what are the things to watch for?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Douglas,

    Wonderful pictures!

    Do you remember me? We met on the west coast of Ulva on 15. July. My Seakayaking Adventure in Scotland is now over and I have to go back at work on monday.

    Greetings from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  10. Armin, it was great to meet you and I hope you had a wonderful time on the rest of your Scottish adventure!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete