Thursday, October 11, 2012

A lonely shore on the Solway.

 I took a break on lonely Knockbrex beach which is guarded by its folly.

 The sun and southerly wind were surprisingly warm so...

 ...,despite being early October, I went for a (quick) swim. The crowds of summer are long gone and I enjoyed the peace of this beautiful place on my own.

 Then it was time to catch the wind for a brisk paddle back...

 ...to the delightful beach of Smuggler's Cove where I launch.

Yet another ace Solway day.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Douglas,
    Just posted a bit back on the Broken Group Islands once more, and under my 'DSD' initials link your comment was there from a few years back, so I decided to visit again. Always great to catch up and see how your journeys are unfolding!
    Have great fun out there,
    DSD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello DSD it is great to hear from you again. Unfortunately I am not able to climb mountains any more so I like following your adventures too.

    The sea kayaking has proved to be a great alternative though!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete